Innowatts is a global energy technology company that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced senior data analyst who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about data, data quality and intelligence extraction from data. Your work would be directly impacting our technology products and AI & Machine learning data analytics. This position will work closely with product management and data engineering.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Research market rules for global power and gas markets
- Maintain data repositories that support Innowatts products
- Analyze data using variety of tools (primarily SQL) to extract data, profile data, crunch numbers, QC data, visualize data in innovative ways and often documenting the findings.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to get access to data source, understand data set and business objective
- Works with support team to troubleshoot production data issues
- BI tools: Proven experience with Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, or any other popular BI tool to slice and dice data to generate business insights, visualize data in variety of charts. Strong Excel skills are essential and can create pivot tables, charts, write macros etc.
- Critical Thinking: Good with numbers, can spot gaps, trends, and come to new findings.
- Communication: Can communicate complex data scenarios. Have strong verbal and written skills, especially documenting data insights into document formats (word, ppt etc.) and presenting to stakeholders.
- Math Skills: Moderate Math skills to manipulate numerical data. Very comfortable with data in any format especially CSV, ODBC, and JSON
- Has been involved with these responsibilities for at least 2+ years and has demonstrated value.
- Preferable to have a Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science or Mathematics) and 1-3 years of professional experience.
- Must have at least 3+ years experience in Retail/Wholesale Energy vertical
- Strong understanding of Excel and SQL
- Knowledge of S3 and other Amazon cloud services
- Strong understanding of power wholesale markets (e.g. ERCOT, PJM, ISONE)
- Retrieve, analyze, transform and report data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Strong program / project management skills
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, and ability to maintain detail-orientation
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal oriented
Benefits and Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday