Innowatts is a global energy technology company that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
We are seeking a Data Engineering Manager who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and data to help build scalable services platform(s) to join our team! This position will work closely with data analysts, product management, developers, testers and engineers to help drive delivery of project(s).
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems.
- Design and Development of data pipelines in PySpark/Spark
- Design and Development of data access API’s
- Carry out design reviews/code reviews at agreed points throughout the project life cycle
- Hands on design and development
- Participate in technical reviews; define/Improve processes on configuration
- Management, deployment and resiliency planning for the application
- Hands on experience in variety of platform & data development roles
- Work on building multiple products and/or features at the same time
- Preferable to have a Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 5+ years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in big data technology with experience ranging from platform architecture, data management, data architecture and application architecture
- High Proficiency working with Hadoop platform including: Spark, Scala, Kafka, Neo4j, PySpark, SQL, Hbase, Impala, Cassandra, Hive and HDFS in multi-tenant environments
- Solid base in data technologies like warehousing, ETL, MDM, DQ, BI and analytical tools
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Hbase modeling and development
- Spark processing and performance tuning
- Microservices Design and Development
- Exposure/competence with Agile Development approach
- Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Development
- Code Reviews – PMD, JUNIT, Performance, Memory Management
- Experience with Cloud native application development, Cloud deployment, and Cloud application refactoring
- Continuous Integration/Development
- Experience with Rule Engines (a plus)
Benefits and Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday