Innowatts is a global energy technology company that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
We are seeking a front-end developer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies UI/UX & front-end development techniques to build scalable web-based software as a services platform(s) to join our team! This position will work closely with the rest of the software engineering team to help support all facets of the Software Development Life Cycle.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems.
- Work with Product owners, Graphics designer and Back engineers to build Customer facing UI to display large sets of data in variety of ways e.g. Tabular, Charts, GeoMap etc.
- Adhere to UX designs/specs written by the Designee
- Write reusable code and libraries for future use
- Use UI testing tools to do unit testing, page testing
- Preferable to have a Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 1 to 2 years of professional experience.
- Strong appetite to learn new technologies
- Have developed front ends using below technologies
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of one of the JS frameworks such as AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS etc.
- Good understanding of AJAX and Web Sockets
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiar with Cross Site Scripting challenges
Benefits and Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday