Innowatts is a global energy technology company that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
We are seeking a senior level full-stack developer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies the Software Development Life Cycle to build scalable web-based software as a services platform(s) to join our team! This position will work closely with the rest of the software engineering team to help support all facets of development within implementation and/or production support.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems.
- Work with Architect, Product Owner and Graphics designer to build Rich UI web applications for B2B and B2C users.
- Build responsive web apps; Both Form based as well as data display apps using rich HTML controls for Charts, Maps and Tables.
- Build code using Industry standards and as per the specs and design guidelines
- Follow TDD approach and write automated client and server tests
- Configure CI/CD scripts for deployment to AWS / Google Cloud
- Work on building multiple products and/or features at the same time
- Preferable to have a Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 4+ years of professional experience.
- At least one full SDLC software engineering experience on a real-life project
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies without formal training is absolutely Critical
- Have developed Web Apps / REST APIs using below technologies and proficiency level
- Proficient with Node.js including Promises and asynchronous code
- Proficient with writing data access code using Node libraries for NoSQL and RDBMS. Writing apps for MongoDB is a big Plus.
- Proficient with writing Web apps and REST APIs using any Node web framework e.g. Express.
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap
- Good understanding of client-side scripting
- Good understanding of REST and JSON . Familiarity with OpenAPI spec is a Big Plus.
- Good understanding of multiple JS frameworks such as AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS etc.
- Good understanding of AJAX and Web Sockets
- Good understanding of Git version control
- Basic understanding of AWS or Google Cloud
- Can diagnose and resolve cross-browser / cross-device rendering issues
- Familiar with Cross Site Scripting challenges
- Familiar with OAuth
Benefits and Additional Perks:
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday