Innowatts is a global energy technology company that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
We are currently seeking an HR Generalist to provide daily administration of the HR function by performing a variety of activities including: process & procedure creation, on-boarding, payroll, benefits administration, compliance as well as HR administrative support..
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Administer new hire orientation and on-boarding of new employees and ensure all new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
- Input employee information accurately into payroll system.
- Assists with benefits administration by preparing benefit eligibility notices, tracking and assisting with enrollment.
- Maintain employee files in accordance with company and regulatory requirements. Responsible for creating, maintaining, storing, securing and destroying employee records.
- Process new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits, pay rate changes, garnishments and medical/dental reimbursements in the payroll system.
- Complete verification of employment and state unemployment information requests.
- Submit worker’s comp claims and STD claims to carriers for processing.
- Participate in recruitment efforts by scheduling on-site interview
- Process paperwork for Visa candidates (H1B, TN,etc)
- Perform clerical and administrative duties including scanning, copying, printing, processing paperwork, and proofreading/editing documents, completing/drafting correspondence and reports.
- Assist with planning and coordinating employee meetings, events, training, annual benefits enrollments and communications.
- Assist with various special projects as necessary.
- Perform other related administrative duties as required.
- Experience helping start-up companies add HR structure
- At least 3 years’ experience in HR support or generalist role
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and ability to handle sensitive and confidential material
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple requests and tasks
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
Benefits & Additional
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday