Innowatts is a global energy technology company that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
Are you an experienced technology product manager with a focus on core analytics who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about analytics, machine learning, and data science? Join Innowatts where you can utilize the latest analytics to create business value through insights.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Product Strategy. Develop new strategies to meet future market needs and drive internal alignment to expand eUtility product capability. Utilize a deep understanding of market problems and drivers in the retail energy and utility eco-systems to advance the roadmap with actionable features.
- Innovations. Bring disruptive products and services to market that generate thought leadership and raise the bar for competitors to the market. Develop clear and thorough functional and technical requirements for predictive product enhancements. Validate the business value created for target markets.
- Technology. Further develop our cloud-based product platform utilizing the latest in technology and machine learning. Collaborate with cross-functional product engineering teams to deliver product features.
- Go to Market. Lead the go-to-market plan for your product area in collaboration with sales and marketing teams. Participate in industry thought leader conferences, gather market insights and evangelize the eUtility product. Use your creative ability to generate market traction with new products and services.
- Teamwork. Collaboration across the organization. Communicate and inspire internal teams with a concise vision and roadmap for product features and services. Manage day-to-day priorities, develop plans to achieve company goals, and follow-through to deliver results.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with power and gas consumption data for large energy provider
- Demonstrated familiarity with smart meter analytics
- At least 5 years of product platform management experience
- Critical Thinking: Good with numbers, can spot gaps, trends, and come to new findings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Experience working with development teams to deliver sophisticated products to market
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, and ability to maintain detail-orientation
- Pragmatic Marketing or similar product management certification/experience preferred
- Strong relationship skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal oriented
- Bachelor’s degree required
Benefits & Additional
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday