Innowatts is a global energy technology company that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced data scientist/programmer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies AI & Machine learning data analytics techniques to build a scalable energy analytics platform. This position will work closely with data science team to help support all facets of the data supply chain involving consumption and analytics.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Neural Network, Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, Linear and Logistic Regression, SVM, Data Visualization, Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning, Design of Experiments, Machine Learning and Project Management, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, SAS, SQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, Tableau and Power Bi
- Experience with AI code and algorithm development and related software AWS lambda function, TensorFlow etc.
- Experience with common big data toolkits i.e. Hadoop, MapReduce etc
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau Minitab, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- BS/MS degree in Engineering, with data science specialty discipline
- At least 3-6 years of data analytics experience in a distributed computing environment
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Perform predictive analysis i.e. forecasting, dis-aggregation, customer churn etc
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for energy analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated analytics systems and constant tracking of its performance
Benefits & Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday