Innowatts is a global energy technology company that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced data engineer/programmer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies the latest data analytics techniques to build a scalable energy analytics platform. This position will work closely with data science team to help support all facets of the data supply chain involving consumption and analytics.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Data Processing. SQL and NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Couchbase
- Data Analysis. Experience accessing, manipulating and interpreting data to inform decision-making
- Data infrastructure/Data warehousing. Hadoop, Oracle, ETL tools
- Server admin. Linux, Apache
- Front end development. Frameworks (e.g. angular, backbone, etc.), data visualization (e.g. d3.js), jQuery, bootstrap, general css wizardry, etc.
- Business experience. Setting priorities, managing expectations, gathering customer feedback
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- BS/MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- At least 1-4 years of data analytics experience in a distributed computing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Strong program / project management skills
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, and ability to maintain detail-orientation
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal oriented
Benefits & Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday