Innowatts is a global energy technology company that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
Innowatts is looking for a talented UX/UI Web Designer looking for growth opportunities. We are building an internal team and we need a entry-level to mid-level Designer with web & mobile app experience. Our ideal candidate has 2+ years of experience doing hands-on web & mobile app design, has experience participating in all aspects of design, and has a thorough grasp of usability and user interface design. We are a progressive organization that really values our employees. We have a collaborative, fast-paced, progressive culture. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity to work on-site at our Houston, TX location.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Design for intuitive and engaging user experiences by creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, mockups, and other relevant deliverables.
- Design the aesthetics, layout, and user interface elements for our consumer-facing solution(s) and internal tools across mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- Stay up to date on industry and user experience trends, best practices, and technologies and promote them within the UX team and throughout the company.
- Participate in usability testing and user research including building user interface mockups and prototypes as needed.
- Work closely with product managers, developers and cross-functional teams to deliver solutions through iterative releases and ensure designs are being implemented to specifications and with high quality.
- Partner with product teams to translate user requirements and use cases into intuitive cross-channel user interface designs for B2C mobile and web Energy Utility platform(s).
- Develop wireframes, mock-ups, and interactive prototypes for testing and demonstration to team in order to communicate value of the solution.
- Preferable to have a Degree in graphic design or 2+ years of professional experience.
- Strong appetite to learn new technologies & push the envelope in design
- Experience in designing, marking up, developing the UI of websites and/or web applications
- Solid understanding of UX and UI design with an emphasis on maximizing usability studies
- Experience with full Adobe suite
- Knowledge of prototype technologies such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, team members and management in both written and verbal form.
- Strong organizational skills and project management ability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
Benefits and Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Team breakfast every Friday