Innowatts is a global energy technology company that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
Are you an experienced technology product leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about analytics, machine learning, and data science? Join Innowatts where you can utilize the latest analytics to create business value through insights. This position will be responsible for developing innovative energy solutions and software as a leader in sustainable energy products and services. The Vice President of Product will lead and execute digital product strategies aligned with customer objectives. Working closely with our customers, business development and client success operations teams to manage product road-maps and prioritize new features.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Develop new product strategies to meet future market needs and drive internal alignment to expand eUtility product capability. Utilize a deep understanding of market problems and drivers in the retail energy and utility eco-systems to advance the road-map with actionable features.
- Be innovative and bring disruptive products/services to market that generate thought leadership and raise the bar for competitors to the market.
- Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Financial Planning and Strategy
- Develop clear and thorough functional and technical requirements for predictive product enhancements.
- Validate the business value created for target markets.
- Further develop our cloud-based product platform utilizing the latest in technology and machine learning.
- Collaborate with cross-functional product engineering teams to deliver product features.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycles and technology required
- Involvement in some, if not all, aspects of product launches, e.g., development of messaging and positioning, internal and external communications planning, testing, training, implementation planning, execution, user documentation
- Advanced knowledge of Agile/Scrum best practices
- Demonstrated ability to translate concepts into viable products or business solutions, including experience guiding or personally conducting and analyzing market research for product planning
- Demonstrated ability to effectively define and deliver innovative solutions that meet customer needs in conjunction with Product Development.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to problem solving as well as strong verbal and written communications skill
- 8+ years’ experience working with power and gas consumption data for large energy provider
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management
- 10+ years of experience in commercial software or IT services
Benefits & Additional
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday