Innowatts is a leading energy Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that utilizes best-in-class artificial intelligence to help electricity providers unlock grid edge opportunities, increase customer value, and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy solutions. The Innowatts platform leverages insights from more than 40 million meters, delivering real-time, customer-centric energy analytics with unprecedented accuracy. With clients and operations across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Innowatts is a global leader, enabling energy providers to become truly customer-focused and fully leverage the power of data to transform their businesses.
Innowatts is rapidly growing and is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Evergy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced data engineer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies the latest data analytics techniques to build a scalable energy analytics platform. This position will work closely with data science team to help support all facets of the data supply chain involving consumption and analytics.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Data Processing. SQL and NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Couchbase
- Data Analysis. Experience accessing, manipulating and interpreting data to inform decision-making
- Data infrastructure/Data warehousing. Hadoop, Oracle, ETL tools
- Server admin. Linux, Apache
- Front end development. Frameworks (e.g. angular, backbone, etc.), data visualization (e.g. d3.js), jQuery, bootstrap, general css wizardry, etc.
- Business experience. Setting priorities, managing expectations, gathering customer feedback
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- BS/MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- At least 1-4 years of data analytics experience in a distributed computing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Strong program / project management skills
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, and ability to maintain detail-orientation
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal oriented
Benefits & Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation