Serving power and gas utilities and retailers worldwide, Innowatts is a leader in AI data analytics. Our SaaS platform provides companies with the data needed to be more predictive, proactive and connected to their customers and ratepayers, helping them better manage risk, improve profitability, maintain grid reliability and anticipate sustainability trends.
Innowatts is backed by Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Iberdrola Energy Ventures, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
Innowatts is seeking a highly motivated Data Architect who is flexible and goal oriented to join the Innowatts Engineering team. The candidate will work closely with the Enterprise Architect, Solution Architects and Engineering Team-Leads to strategically develop and evolve the Innowatts platform.
- Design and oversee the iterative improvement of data-ingestion pipelines, ETL, data storage, cataloging and lineage.
- Collaborate with leaders, product managers, product owners, fellow architects, data scientists, and engineers to provide the best technologies and processes to achieve goals
- Help define data principles and standards, translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Oversee implementation of the specifications and standards related to data systems
- Define company data assets (data models), and other jobs to populate data models.
- Designs data integrations and data quality framework.
- Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
- Mentor others in advancing their knowledge and capability
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- A Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) and 3+ years of professional experience.
- At least 2 years of Data Architecture experience
- Deep knowledge of data management tools in the public cloud
- Experiential knowledge of common data management tools, such as Python/PySpark, Redshift, Athena, Databricks, AWS Glue/DataBrew, S3, Parquet, Apache Hive
- Experience leading data management projects interacting with multiple disciplines
- Empower and assist operation and product teams through building key data sets and data-driven recommendations
- Automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL/python based ETL framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SQL programming skill.
- Strong Python Knowledge
- Data Models
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Testing (Unit / Regression)
- Database Experience
- Window Functions
- Relational and Non-Relational
- Big Data Experience
- DataFrame API
- Performance Benchmarking
- Cluster Configuration/Optimization
- Spark Optimization
- Version Control, CI/CD
Nice to Have
- Data Architect certification
- Experience supporting data needs of machine learning development lifecycle ( access, data pipelines for feeding models, etc)
- Data Science Experience (Either direct or from working closely with a DS team)
- Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Spark.Mllib, General Algebra & Algorithms
- Airflow (Scheduling Tools)
- Container Experience
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Streaming Experience
- Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink
Benefits and Additional Perks:
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off