Innowatts is a leading energy Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that utilizes best-in-class artificial intelligence to help electricity providers unlock grid edge opportunities, increase customer value, and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy solutions. The Innowatts platform leverages insights from more than 40 million meters, delivering real-time, customer-centric energy analytics with unprecedented accuracy. With clients and operations across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Innowatts is a global leader, enabling energy providers to become truly customer-focused and fully leverage the power of data to transform their businesses.
Innowatts is rapidly growing and is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Evergy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
Innowatts is hiring a Director of Sales, North America to own sales and business development in North America. This role will be responsible for generating, identifying and closing new business with retail energy providers and regulated utilities in North America. This will include owning the process from lead-to-close, with assistance from the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Ability to generate leads through direct outreach to utilities and retailers, targeted account marketing campaign execution, and lead follow-ups.
- Knowledge and skill set to qualify sales leads from marketing campaigns and other inbound channels based upon specific lead qualification criteria definitions.
- Develop and write proposals and statements of work in response to customer requirements and support North American sales team in achieving goals.
- Ability to generate and grow a sales pipeline.
- Responsible for weekly manager updates and meeting quarterly goals.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Innowatts offering – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers.
- Leverage and update marketing and sales management system (Hubspot).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 2-5 years of direct software sales experience in the electric industry.
- Strong relationship skills, specifically with European providers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Proven creative problem-solving abilities.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and extremely goal oriented.
- Must be a thinker – and a doer. We expect the Director of Sales to dive deep into details as needed.
- Must be detail orientated but also able to see and think through the big picture.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment – changes in prioritization pivots and strategic shifts should excite you, not scare you!
Benefits & Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation