Innowatts is a leading energy Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that utilizes best-in-class artificial intelligence to help electricity providers unlock grid edge opportunities, increase customer value, and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy solutions. The Innowatts platform leverages insights from more than 40 million meters, delivering real-time, customer-centric energy analytics with unprecedented accuracy. With clients and operations across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Innowatts is a global leader, enabling energy providers to become truly customer-focused and fully leverage the power of data to transform their businesses.
Innowatts is rapidly growing and is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Evergy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
The Innowatts’ Director of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for managing the company’s strategic sales, partnerships and alliances, with a focus on new business development. This will include sourcing new sales opportunities through partnerships, as well as through direct relationships. This role will also need to establish and nurture partner relationships to ensure commercialization is achieved for both companies. The Director of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships will liaison between sales, channel partners, product, and marketing. This is an external facing role that is ideal for someone who likes to open and create opportunities, structure partnerships, think strategically, and get things done!
- Drive proactive sales opportunity generation, pipeline management and deal closure with partners.
- Build a partner business plan with quantified goals and milestones to achieve partner-influenced revenue metrics.
- Identify, recruit and onboard key local partners required to meet/exceed plan goals.
- Align with Innowatts CRO to execute a partner go-to-market plan.
- Maintain and report an accurate partner sales forecast with 4x pipeline coverage.
- Manage regular business reviews between Innowatts and priority partners.
Desired Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years experience in direct and partner sales.
- Highly prefer candidates with sales experience in the utility software industry.
- Proven experience generating sales from direct and indirect channels.
- Ability to work with partners of all geographic and industry segments. This role would lead partnerships on a global scale, including North America, Europe, Asia and South America.
- Be a thinker AND a doer. Must be a motivated self-starter who can work independently to identify, solve and own coming up with solutions.
- Must be detail orientated but also able to see and think through the big picture.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment – changes in prioritization pivots and strategic shifts should excite you, not scare you!
- BA/BS degree required. Technical competence strongly preferred.
Benefits & Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation