Innowatts is a leading energy Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that utilizes best-in-class artificial intelligence to help electricity providers unlock grid edge opportunities, increase customer value, and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy solutions. The Innowatts platform leverages insights from more than 40 million meters, delivering real-time, customer-centric energy analytics with unprecedented accuracy. With clients and operations across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Innowatts is a global leader, enabling energy providers to become truly customer-focused and fully leverage the power of data to transform their businesses.
Innowatts is rapidly growing and is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Evergy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
The Innowatts’ Director of Partnerships will be responsible for managing all of the company’s strategic sales partnerships and alliances, with a focus on new business development. This will include sourcing new sales opportunities through partnerships, as well as through direct relationships. This role will also need to establish and nurture partner relationships to ensure commercialization is achieved for both companies. The Director Partnerships will liaison between sales, channel partners, product, and marketing. This is an external facing role that is ideal for someone who likes to open and create opportunities, structure partnerships, think strategically, and get things done!
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Develop relationships with utility companies and retail energy companies in the North America market. As sales leads develop into opportunities with specific utilities, individual sales representatives will take the lead on scoping, negotiating and closing the opportunities
- Leverage your own existing relationships to generate new leads and partnerships.
- Nurture existing partnership relationships. Innowatts already has partnerships in place with some of the world’s leading smart metering companies, as well as other software companies. The Director of Partnerships will own these relationships, which will also include strategic pipeline development and deal sourcing.
- Develop new partnerships with other companies (software, hardware, etc.). This would include outreach, commercialization and then ultimately path to revenue.
- Provide regular recommendations to improve our partnership approach and strategy.
- Continuously identify new opportunities to establish partnerships and own the execution of the relationship.
- Must have a minimum 5-7 years experience in partnerships, business development and/or sales.
- Highly prefer candidates with 3-5 years of sales and partnership experience in the utility software industry.
- Proven examples of independently generating sales opportunities and new partnerships.
- Ability to work with partners of all geographic and industry segments. This role would lead partnerships on a global scale, including North America, Europe, Asia and South America.
- Be a thinker AND a doer. Must be a motivated self-starter who can work independently to identify, solve and own coming up with solutions.
- Must be detail orientated but also able to see and think through the big picture.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment – changes in prioritization pivots and strategic shifts should excite you, not scare you!
Benefits & Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation