In essence this role is to build the sales and marketing workflows and tools to efficiently and nimbly create a foundation to operate and continue to scale the sales and marketing efforts of the company seamlessly. The role further encompasses KPI reporting and CRM compliance of accurate sales pipeline management and forecasting, coordination and tracking of customer demos coupled with direct customer engagement where required.
In this role, you will…
Own and manage all people aspects of the sales and marketing operations org: recruiting, talent development, retention, staffing forecasting, scheduling, timekeeping, compensation leveling, licensing, training and continuing education.
Build a best-in-class sales and marketing operations function to support the company’s growth goals.
Foster a values-oriented and problem-solving culture within the operations teams and implement best practices in frontline performance management and career pathing.
Implement and manage processes and early warning systems for customer escalations and funnel conversion; improve on the existing sales and customer operations processes to improve conversion, customer satisfaction (NPS) and retention, and feed customer insights back to the company’s product and marketing teams
Synthesize performance results and insights to the CRO, CEO and Board
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have at least 5+ years of senior frontline / operations experience, with a track record of achievement and a growing organizational mandate
- You’ve got experience successfully identifying, implementing, managing and measuring the drivers of best-in-class operational performance, and a track record of scaling a sales/service team to 75+ in a startup/growth environment
- You have a history of successfully recruiting and performance managing frontline staff and managers – you’re skilled at developing and managing people while preparing them for future roles, setting performance expectations, and instilling a values-based team culture
- You’re comfortable working cross-functionally with product and engineering to build software features and automated workflows to improve customer experience, team performance and operational efficiency
- You’re most effective when balancing the strategic with the tactical and can drive insightful problem-solving and influence outcomes with the grit and positive attitude in line with the Better culture
- You’re excited by efficiency and delivering an industry-leading customer experience, and know how to drive output with minimal waste
- You’re a strategic thinker – able to independently see and communicate the big picture in operations, and determine opportunities, risks and best practices for the company
- You’ve got a hands-on approach and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and leading by example
- You’re organized – able to plan, prioritize, and manage projects, budgets and initiatives with a tight focus on execution and attention to detail, and drive initiatives to successful completion
- You’ve got analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills, and are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data, draw insightful conclusions from it, and think critically through unique problems with no set playbook to quickly implement a path to the solution
- You’re a people-focused leader who values building and maintaining company culture and employee engagement/retention
- You’ve demonstrated an ability to build trust with employees via empathy, honesty and integrity, and you know how to have difficult conversations effectively
Benefits and Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation