Serving power and gas utilities and retailers worldwide, Innowatts is a leader in AI data analytics. Our SaaS platform provides companies with the data needed to be more predictive, proactive and connected to their customers and ratepayers, helping them better manage risk, improve profitability, maintain grid reliability and anticipate sustainability trends.
Innowatts is backed by Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Iberdrola Energy Ventures, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
The Fullstack Software Engineer will be responsible for developing web applications and backend services. This position will work closely with independent product, data engineering, and UX teams to build and maintain software.
At Innowatts we are technology agnostic (use the right tool for the right job) and engineers can expect to work on complex big data projects – building interactive visualizations, user workflows, and more. All while utilizing a modern tech stack.
- Be a self-starter that enjoys developing the best possible solutions to problems
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product owners, and other stakeholders to build software
- Build well tested and maintainable software
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies without formal training
- Recent experience developing web applications using a modern framework (Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, etc)
- Experience building RESTful APIs (Node preferred, but any backend language is acceptable. Understanding concepts is more important)
- Experience with CSS and/or CSS preprocessors (like SASS)
- Experience with HTML5
- Basic knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc)
Nice to have
- Preferable to have a degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Experience developing frontend components in isolation (e.g. using Storybook)
- Good understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Good understanding of cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc
- Experience with testing (unit, integration, and end-to-end)
- Experience with agile methodology
Benefits and Additional Perks:
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off