Serving power and gas utilities and retailers worldwide, Innowatts is a leader in AI data analytics. Our SaaS platform provides companies with the data needed to be more predictive, proactive and connected to their customers and ratepayers, helping them better manage risk, improve profitability, maintain grid reliability and anticipate sustainability trends.
Innowatts is backed by Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Iberdrola Energy Ventures, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
The Full-Stack Software Engineer will be responsible for developing web applications and backend services. This position will work closely with product, UX and architecture and platforms teams to design, build and maintain scalable software..
At Innowatts we are technology agnostic (use the right tool for the right job) and engineers can expect to work on complex big data projects – building interactive visualizations, user workflows, and more. All while utilizing new technologies.
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product owners, and other stakeholders to build software
- Build scalable, well tested, and configurable software that is simple to maintain
- Work in collaborative team environments using agile methodology
- Recent experience developing web applications using a modern framework, preferably React and Node.js
- Experience building RESTful APIs (Node preferred, but any backend language is acceptable)
- Experience with CSS and/or CSS preprocessors (like SASS)
- Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases and their uses, in particular Druid
- Strong knowledge and development ability using Python
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in Kubernetes and/or Dockers
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies without formal training
Nice to have:
- Preferable to have a degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Experience developing frontend components in isolation (e.g. using Storybook)
- Experience with PySpark, and Spark
- Good understanding of Micro Services
- Good understanding of API Development
- Good understanding of AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with end-to-end testing
Benefits and Additional Perks:
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off