Innowatts is a leading energy Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that utilizes best-in-class artificial intelligence to help electricity providers unlock grid edge opportunities, increase customer value, and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy solutions. The Innowatts platform leverages insights from more than 40 million meters, delivering real-time, customer-centric energy analytics with unprecedented accuracy. With clients and operations across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Innowatts is a global leader, enabling energy providers to become truly customer-focused and fully leverage the power of data to transform their businesses.
Innowatts is rapidly growing and is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Evergy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
The Full stack Software Engineer will be responsible for developing web applications and backend services. This position will work closely with independent product, data engineering, and UX teams to build and maintain scalable software.
At Innowatts we are technology agnostic (use the right tool for the right job) and engineers can expect to work on complex big data projects – building interactive visualizations, user workflows, and more. All while utilizing new technologies.
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product owners, and other stakeholders to build software
- Build scalable, well tested, and configurable software that is simple to maintain
- Work in collaborative team environments using agile methodology
- Strong knowledge and development ability using Python, PySpark, and Spark.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in Kubernetes and/or Dockers
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies without formal training
- Recent experience developing web applications using a modern framework (React, Angular Vue, Svelte, etc.)
- Experience building RESTful APIs (Node preferred, but any backend language is acceptable)
- Experience with CSS and/or CSS preprocessors (like SASS)
- Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases and their uses, in particular Druid
Nice to have
- Preferable to have a degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Experience developing frontend components in isolation (e.g. using Storybook)
- Good understanding of Micro Services
- Good understanding of API Development
- Good understanding of AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with end-to-end testing
Benefits and Additional Perks:
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off