Innowatts is a leading energy Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that utilizes best-in-class artificial intelligence to help electricity providers unlock grid edge opportunities, increase customer value, and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy solutions. The Innowatts platform leverages insights from more than 40 million meters, delivering real-time, customer-centric energy analytics with unprecedented accuracy. With clients and operations across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Innowatts is a global leader, enabling energy providers to become truly customer-focused and fully leverage the power of data to transform their businesses.
Innowatts is rapidly growing and is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Evergy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
We are seeking a data scientist/programmer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies AI & Machine learning data analytics techniques to build a scalable energy analytics platform. This position will work closely with data science team to help support all facets of the data supply chain involving consumption and analytics.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Neural Network, Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, Linear and Logistic Regression, SVM, Data Visualization, Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning, Design of Experiments, Machine Learning and Project Management,.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, SQL
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Power Bi, etc.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Preferable to have a Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science) and 4+ years of professional experience
- At least 1-3 years of data analytics experience in a distributed computing environment
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Perform predictive analysis i.e. forecasting, dis-aggregation, customer churn etc
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for energy analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated analytics systems and constant tracking of its performance
Benefits and Additional Perks:
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation