Innowatts is a data analytics and energy transition leader who uses usage data, insights and best-in-class machine learning to help energy retailers and utilities from around the world manage their grids, costs, customer relationships and sustainability goals in a digitalizing, decarbonizing, and electrifying world. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has leveraged data from more than 37 million meters to help energy providers ensure grid reliability, anticipate trends, secure profitability, and promote sustainability — advancing and creating a more personalized energy experience for their customers.
Innowatts is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Energy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
Are you an experienced marketing manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Are you someone who loves strategy but can also put your head down and get stuff done? Are you results and metrics focused, with the ability to test, learn and pivot as needed? Can you put yourself in a target’s shoes and develop compelling content that will make them excited about a brand? Are you looking to get experience in all things marketing, especially content development? Then we want to meet you!
The Innowatts Marketing Manager will be a critical new role at Innowatts. You will work closely with the Director of Marketing to manage the Innowatts brand and support our organization’s sales team, especially focused on content development and driving online and offline traffic and engagement that translates to sales. This role will require substantial cross functional interaction with individuals from across the organization and a knack for thinking big picture but with a love for executing and measuring results. This is a high profile role with the opportunity to engage closely and regularly with executive leadership as well as Product and Sales teams.
The job will entail approximately:
-35% content development strategy and management
-25% sales content strategy and development
-20% email strategy development
-20% content measurement and metrics analysis
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Lead and own the development of content, from content strategy through measurement, to help us increase traffic, engagement, leads, sales and retention metrics. Sample content includes: white papers, case studies, webinars, emails, brochures, presentations, social media posts, newsletters and more.
- Manage writers and agency and publication partners to create compelling and exciting content that increases brand awareness, engagement and consideration and drives sales.
- Develop, manage and maintain an editorial calendar for content development across various marketing channels.
- Define and drive content distribution strategy across owned, earned and paid channels.
- Develop an effective email marketing and email automation program to support our sales team and drive engagement and consideration.
- Create compelling sales collateral, especially PowerPoint slides, that help move prospects down the funnel.
- Monitor and manage all content marketing metrics, especially digital metrics (including website, LinkedIn and email) and use the learnings to optimize our marketing and content efforts.
- Provide regular recommendations to improve our content marketing efforts on these channels.
- Continuously identify new opportunities to establish brand awareness and elevate brand and positioning and sales opportunities.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in marketing or public relations.
- B2B marketing experience, preferably within the tech and/or power industry
- Must have proven examples of thinking ‘audience first’ to create content our targets are looking for and optimize it to drive success.
- Be a thinker AND a doer. Must be a motivated self-starter who can work independently to identify, solve and own coming up with solutions. This is NOT an order taking, execution-only role – you must be able to own projects from strategy to implementation to results without step-by-step instructions or guidance.
- Must be detail orientated but also able to see and think through the big picture.
- Excellent strategic writing and communication skills – he or she MUST have proven written and verbal communication skills. Although this person will be mostly managing writers vs. writing, writing samples will be required.
- Must have proven experience understanding complex ideas and products and then breaking them down into compelling narratives and stories. The interview will include a case where you will have the opportunity to demonstrate this skill set.
- Must be able to manage external partners to develop strong and effective content.
- Strong analytical skills are required – must be capable of analyzing data and metrics and using data to provide actionable recommendations for improving our marketing content and campaigns.
- Must be proficient in Google Analytics and social media metrics.
- General knowledge and awareness of SEO best practices required.
- Experience creating effective sales collateral required, from strategic story development to actual slide creation is critical!
- Must have strong problem solving skills – able to see an issue; solve it on his/her own with initiative.
- Natural curiosity required! You must want to learn and grow as a marketer and within the power and technology industries.
- Ability to work well cross functionally across a diverse org and seek out answers, even when they are hard to find.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment – changes in prioritization pivots and strategic shifts should excite you, not scare you!
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- Newly renovated office close to downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday