We are seeking an experienced data scientist/programmer who thrives in a challenging environment and is passionate about technology products to apply AI & Machine learning data analytics techniques to build a scalable energy analytics platform.
As a member of the Innowatts R&D team, a Sr. Data Scientist works with cross-functional business stakeholders to identify and address critical business questions and use data, analytical methods, and modeling to translate quantitative assessments into actionable insights. This position will work closely with the data science team and is expected to be involved in the following activities:
- Perform predictive analysis i.e., load forecasting, grid edge load optimization, load disaggregation by selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for energy analytic systems and constant tracking of performance
- Assist in guiding product roadmaps, streamlining engineering development lifecycles
- Research in the area of new electrification trends and engage in new product ideation to building a prototype model
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Neural Network, Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, Linear and Logistic Regression, SVM, Data Visualization, Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning, Design of Experiments, Machine Learning and Project Management, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Anaconda, Python, SQL, Hadoop, MapReduce, Tableau using Linux servers
- Experience with AI code and algorithm development and related software AWS lambda function, TensorFlow, etc.
- Expert in Python programming packages i.e. NumPy, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Pandas, and Jupyter notebook
- Familiar with the AWS cloud computing including S3, bitbucket, Athena,
- Proficiency in using query languages in the cloud computing environment such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- MS degree in Engineering or any related field, with data science specialty – Ph.D. preferred
- At least 3-6 years of data analytics experience in a distributed computing environment
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Benefits & Additional Perks
- Fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform the industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation