Innowatts is a leading energy Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that utilizes best-in-class artificial intelligence to help electricity providers unlock grid edge opportunities, increase customer value, and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy solutions. The Innowatts platform leverages insights from more than 40 million meters, delivering real-time, customer-centric energy analytics with unprecedented accuracy. With clients and operations across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Innowatts is a global leader, enabling energy providers to become truly customer-focused and fully leverage the power of data to transform their businesses.
Innowatts is rapidly growing and is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Evergy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
We are seeking junior level data full-stack developer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies the Software Development Life Cycle to build scalable web-based software as a services platform(s) to join our team! This position will work closely with the rest of the software engineering team to help support all facets of development within implementation and/or production support.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems.
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices
- Work with Architect, Product Owner and Graphics designer to build Rich UI web applications for B2B and B2C users.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Build code using Industry standards and as per the specs and design guidelines
- Follow TDD approach and write automated client and server tests
- Work on building multiple products and/or features at the same time
- Preferable to have a Degree in Comuter Science (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 3+ years of professional experience.
- At least one full SDLC software engineering experience on a real-life project
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies without formal training is absolutely critical
- Strong python programmer with object orientated skills (this is a coding position and not a good match for data science individuals with python coding knowledge).
- Hands on experience in interfacing with REST API, database objects, Authentication (OAUTH) and encryption (optional).
- Experience writing APIs in Lambda
- Data manipulation utilizing Python is a big plus, but not required
- Hands on experience in handling various data structure like delimiter, JSON and XML. * Database SQL knowledge would be plus.
- Experience with Object-Oriented concepts, experience with Python required.
- Data sourcing experience from multiple databases.
- Understanding of different databases from SQL to NoSQL
- Strong performance tuning skills for complex queries, procedure and indexing strategies.
- Ability to perform Data analysis
- Good understanding of Git version control
- Basic understanding of AWS or Google Cloud
Benefits and Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation