Innowatts is a data analytics and energy transition leader who uses energy usage data, insights and best-in-class machine learning to help energy retailers and utilities from around the world manage their grids, profitability, customer relationships and sustainability goals in a digitalizing, decarbonizing, and electrifying world. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has leveraged data from more than 34 million meters to help energy providers ensure grid reliability, anticipate trends, secure profitability, and promote sustainability — advancing and creating a more personalized energy experience for their customers.
About the Position
We are seeking junior level data full-stack developer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies the Software Development Life Cycle to build scalable web-based software as a services platform(s) to join our team! This position will work closely with the rest of the software engineering team to help support all facets of development within implementation and/or production support.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems.
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices
- Work with Architect, Product Owner and Graphics designer to build Rich UI web applications for B2B and B2C users.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Build code using Industry standards and as per the specs and design guidelines
- Follow TDD approach and write automated client and server tests
- Work on building multiple products and/or features at the same time
- Preferable to have a Degree in Comuter Science (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 3+ years of professional experience.
- At least one full SDLC software engineering experience on a real-life project
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies without formal training is absolutely critical
- Strong python programmer with object orientated skills (this is a coding position and not a good match for data science individuals with python coding knowledge).
- Hands on experience in interfacing with REST API, database objects, Authentication (OAUTH) and encryption (optional).
- Experience writing APIs in Lambda
- Data manipulation utilizing Python is a big plus, but not required
- Hands on experience in handling various data structure like delimiter, JSON and XML. * Database SQL knowledge would be plus.
- Experience with Object-Oriented concepts, experience with Python required.
- Data sourcing experience from multiple databases.
- Understanding of different databases from SQL to NoSQL
- Strong performance tuning skills for complex queries, procedure and indexing strategies.
- Ability to perform Data analysis
- Good understanding of Git version control
- Basic understanding of AWS or Google Cloud
Benefits and Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday