Innowatts is a leading energy Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that utilizes best-in-class artificial intelligence to help electricity providers unlock grid edge opportunities, increase customer value, and accelerate the transition to sustainable energy solutions. The Innowatts platform leverages insights from more than 40 million meters, delivering real-time, customer-centric energy analytics with unprecedented accuracy. With clients and operations across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Innowatts is a global leader, enabling energy providers to become truly customer-focused and fully leverage the power of data to transform their businesses.
Innowatts is rapidly growing and is backed by leading investors including Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Evergy Ventures, Iberdrola, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Position
The Innowatts’ Sales Engineer & Support Lead will be responsible for actively supporting the global sales team with the technical software sales process including scoping of product deliverables, product demos, RFP and proposal responses and general support of achieving the team revenue goals. You will work with sales on qualified sales opportunities and help move such opportunities forward. You will provide support with demos, RFPs, contracting support and anything needed to get a deal done! This is not a direct sales role and you will not be tasked with hunting new leads or opportunities.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Under guidance of the sales team lead, identify customer use-cases, define customer-specific requirements, and recommend solution(s) in alignment with Innowatts’ core offering(s).
- Development and delivery of product demonstrations (via web conference or in person, as needed).
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs and support SOW creation.
- Convey client-specific or non-standard requirements to Product Management and Client Success teams.
- Work as intermediary between Product Management, Engineering & Sales to provide technical deal support
- Work with the global sales team to ensure that the deal dashboard is current.
- Provide technical expertise to Marketing to support Sales inbound pipeline management and customer engagement.
- Provide regular recommendations to improve our sales approach and strategy.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in sales support, sales engineering, or product marketing
- Sales or marketing experience in the utility software industry is a plus but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in delivering flawless presentations, proposals, SOWs and demos.
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams globally
- Be a thinker AND a doer. Must be a motivated self-starter who can work independently to learn product and solution nuances, identify, solve and own coming up with solutions to client challenges.
- Must be detail orientated but also able to see and think through the big picture.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment – changes in prioritization pivots and strategic shifts should excite you, not scare you!
Benefits & Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation