Innowatts is an energy technology company based in Houston, TX that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 34 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience. Innowatts is backed by Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Iberdrola Energy Ventures, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
Innowatts is looking for a talented UX/UI Designer looking for growth opportunities. We are building an internal team and we need an experienced Designer with web & mobile app experience. Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience doing hands-on web & mobile app design.
- Design for intuitive and engaging user experiences by creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, mockups, and other relevant deliverables.
- Design the aesthetics, layout, and user interface elements for our consumer-facing solution(s) and internal tools across mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- Stay up to date on industry and user experience trends, best practices, and technologies and promote them within the UX team and throughout the company.
- Participate in usability testing and user research including building user interface mockups and prototypes as needed.
- Work closely with product owners and Scrum teams to deliver solutions through iterative releases and ensure designs are being implemented to specifications and with high quality.
- Partner with product teams to translate user requirements and use cases into intuitive cross-channel user interface designs for B2C mobile and web Energy Utility platform(s).
- Develop wireframes, mock-ups, and interactive prototypes for testing and demonstration to team in order to communicate value of the solution.
- Preferable to have a degree in graphic design
- 5+ years of professional experience in designing, marking up, developing the UI of websites and/or web applications
- Strong appetite to learn new technologies & push the envelope in design
- Solid understanding of UX and UI design with an emphasis on maximizing usability studies
- Experience with full Adobe suite
- Knowledge of prototype technologies such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, team members and management in both written and verbal form
- Strong organizational skills and project management ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously
Benefits and Additional Perks:
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday