Innowatts is a data analytics and energy transition leader who uses energy usage data, insights and best-in-class machine learning to help energy retailers and utilities from around the world manage their grids, profitability, customer relationships and sustainability goals in a digitalizing, decarbonizing, and electrifying world. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has leveraged data from more than 34 million meters to help energy providers ensure grid reliability, anticipate trends, secure profitability, and promote sustainability — advancing and creating a more personalized energy experience for their customers.
About the Position
Are you a dedicated sales professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about technology and driving the future of retail energy? Join Innowatts where you can disrupt the marketplace using the latest energy analytics to automate energy management of consumers by providing them with the most suitable energy plan, products and services.
Innowatts is hiring multiple VP of Sales to own various regions and market segments. These roles will be responsible for generating, identifying and closing new business with retail energy providers and regulated utilities in the USA. This will include owning the process from lead-to-close, with assistance from the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Ability to generate leads through direct outreach to utilities, targeted account marketing campaign execution and lead follow-ups.
- Knowledge and skill set to qualify sales leads from marketing campaigns and other inbound channels based upon specific lead qualification criteria definitions.
- Develop and write proposals and statements of work in response to customer requirements.
- Responsible for weekly manager updates and meeting quarterly goals.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Innowatts offering – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers.
- Relationship Building. Network of strong relationships in the industry.
- Leverage and update marketing and sales management system (Hubspot).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 2-7 years of direct software sales experience in the electric utility industry.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Proven creative problem-solving abilities.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal oriented.
Benefits & Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment.
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry.
- Competitive salary and bonus.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid vacation.
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking.
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room.
- Team breakfast every Friday.