Innowatts is an energy technology company based in Houston, TX that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 34 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience. Innowatts is backed by Energy Impact Partners, Shell Ventures, Iberdrola Energy Ventures, Veronorte and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Team:
The VP of Sales role will be responsible for generating, identifying and closing new business with regulated utilities in N. America. This will include owning the process from lead-to-close, with assistance from the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors.
The role can be based anywhere within the assigned geographic territory – currently seeking for the West Region of N. America.
- Ability to generate leads through direct outreach to utilities, targeted account marketing campaign execution and lead follow-ups.
- Knowledge and skill set to qualify sales leads from marketing campaigns and other inbound channels based upon specific lead qualification criteria definitions.
- Develop and write proposals and statements of work in response to customer requirements.
- Responsible for weekly manager updates and meeting quarterly goals.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Innowatts offering – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers.
- Relationship Building. Network of strong relationships in the industry.
- Leverage and update marketing and sales management system (Hubspot).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 2-7 years of direct software sales experience in the electric utility industry.
- Strong relationships with large investor owned utilities in your assigned territory
- Working knowledge of the US regulatory environment for investor owned utilities.
- Proven track record to identify and close SaaS sales opportunities.
- Ability to own leads and see them through to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Proven creative problem-solving abilities.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal oriented.
Benefits and Additional Perks:
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation