Innowatts is a Houston based energy technology company, focused on building a scalable Energy Analytics, Segmentation and Engagement Platform. Innowatts is enabling utilities to optimize energy cost and empower energy consumers with personalized energy programs and service.
- Would know shell scripting like the palm of your hand.
- Would strive for automation and configuration management.
- Would know AWS, Security Groups, linux filesystem.
- Would understand the meaning of the word latency.
- Assist in the deployment and maintenance of a new large-scale Amazon Web Services platform
- Assist in Optimizing the infrastructure for the SaaS, PaaS and other Cloud applications
- Troubleshoot software based issues as they arise
- Production code deployments
- Implement monitoring systems at all levels
- Infrastructure housekeeping, testing, and benchmarking
- OS maintenance and ongoing system configuration changes
- Performance tuning
- Infrastructure and Services documentation
- Load testing
- Information and IT Infra Security
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services and related services and features like autoscaling, load balancing, route53, S3, IAM, RDS etc
- Detailed knowledge of Implementation and maintenance of high availability (HA) and highly scalable systems
- Experience with Penetration testing and IT security mechanisms.
- Through understanding of Networking and DNS
- 3+ years experience with Relational and Non-Relational DBMS.
- Experience with docker container supporting production applications
- 3+ years UNIX/Linux system administration, Ubuntu/Debain based system preferred
- 3+ years of scripting experience with bash and one or more of the following Python, R, PHP
- 3+ years of experience with version control systems (Git preferred)
- Strong experience with current web and Internet technologies like Apache, Queues, NGinx, Memcache, APC, Varnish, CDN etc
- Experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix,Monitrix, Nagios and/or NewRelic
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (CI) (Jenkins preferred)
- Knowledge of Nodejs and the MEAN stack and/or other NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Have a broad understanding of development, web operations and SDLC
- Knowledge of PCI compliance, Application layer and operations layer security and OWASP mandates preferred
- Understanding of IPS and IDS preferred
- Experience with BigData is a plus