Innowatts is a Houston based energy technology company, focused on building a scalable Energy Analytics, Segmentation and Engagement Platform. Innowatts is enabling utilities to optimize energy cost and empower energy consumers with personalized energy programs and service.
- Work with Architect, Product Owner and Graphics designer to build Rich UI web applications for B2B and B2C users.
- Build responsive web apps; Both Form based as well as data display apps using rich HTML controls for Charts, Maps and Tables.
- Build code using Industry standards and as per the specs and design guidelines
- Follow TDD approach and write automated client and server tests
- Configure CI/CD scripts for deployment to AWS / Google Cloud
- Work on building multiple products and/or features at the same time
- At least one full SDLC software engineering experience on a real life project
- Preferable to have a BS in Computer Sc./IT with at least 2+ years of professional experience
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies without formal training is absolutely Critical
- Have developed Web Apps / REST APIs using below technologies and proficiency level
- Proficient with Node.js including Promises and asynchronous code
- Proficient with writing data access code using Node libraries for NoSQL and RDBMS. Writing apps for MongoDB is a big Plus.
- Proficient with writing Web apps and REST APIs using any Node web framework e.g. Express.
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap
- Good understanding of client-side scripting
- Good understanding of REST and JSON . Familiarity with OpenAPI spec is a Big Plus.
- Good understanding of one of the JS frameworks such as AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS etc.
- Good understanding of AJAX and Web Sockets
- Good understanding of Git version control
- Basic understanding of AWS or Google Cloud
- Can diagnose and resolve cross-browser / cross-device rendering issues
- Familiar with Cross Site Scripting challenges
- Familiar with OAuth