Innowatts is an Energy technology company based in Houston, TX that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience. Innowatts is backed by Shell Ventures, Iberdrola and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Team
We are seeking junior level data full-stack developer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies the Software Development Life Cycle to build scalable web-based software as a services platform(s) to join our team! This position will work closely with the rest of the software engineering team to help support all facets of development within implementation and/or production support.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems.
- Work in collaborative team environment using agile methodology
- Build responsive web apps; Both Form based as well as data display apps using rich HTML controls for Charts, Maps and Tables.
- Build code using Industry standards and as per the specs and design guidelines
- Follow TDD approach and write automated client and server tests
- Configure CI/CD scripts for deployment to AWS / Google Cloud
- Preferable to have a Degree in an Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies without formal training is absolutely critical
- Have developed Web Apps / REST APIs using below technologies and proficiency level
- Proficient with Node.js including Promises and asynchronous code
- Proficient with writing data access code using Node libraries for NoSQL and SQL. Writing apps for MongoDB OR MYSQL is a big Plus.
- Proficient with writing Web apps and REST APIs using any Node web framework e.g. Express.
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap
- Good understanding of client-side scripting
- Good understanding of REST and JSON . Familiarity with OpenAPI spec is a Plus.
- Good understanding of one of the JS frameworks such as AngularJS (preferred), ReactJS, VueJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS etc.
- Good understanding of AJAX and Web Sockets
- Good understanding of Git version control
- Basic understanding of AWS or Google Cloud
- Can diagnose and resolve cross-browser / cross-device rendering issues11
Benefits and Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday