Innowatts is currently hiring for an experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Lead to join our team. This individual will develop and execute a quality assurance strategy to ensure product quality.
The core responsibilities for this role will include:
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases including advanced scenarios.
- Planning, coordinating, and executing testing activities.
The QA Lead will test, debug and define corrective actions for establishing and maintaining product quality. This individual will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
The QA Lead will play an important part in our company’s product development and implementation processes. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Design, develop and execute automated testing scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document processes thoroughly and track bugs
- Analyze and report testing results regularly to cross-functional teams
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Works with engineering and product management to understand the overall architecture and process of how each feature is implemented and interacts with the client success team.
- Adheres to test cases that include software, UX and design conformity across a variety of platforms including IOS and Android
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. data engineering, data science, and product managers) to identify system requirements and critical testing needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in quality assurance
- Proven work experience in SaaS software development
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, automation tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Familiarity with nodeJS, MongoDB, AWS, Jira, Confluence, Github
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Bring creativity and innovation to the team to improve product quality and deployment processes
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject