We are seeking an experienced data engineer/programmer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies the latest data analytics techniques to build a scalable energy analytics platform. This position will work closely with data science team to help support all facets of the data supply chain involving consumption and analytics.
Innowatts is a Houston based energy technology company, focused on building a scalable Energy Analytics, Segmentation and Engagement Platform. Innowatts is enabling utilities to optimize energy cost and empower energy consumers with personalized energy programs and service.
- Data Processing. SQL and NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Couchbase
- Data Analysis. Experience accessing, manipulating and interpreting data to inform decision-making
- Data infrastructure/Data warehousing. Hadoop, Oracle, ETL tools
- Server admin. Linux, Apache
- Front end development. Frameworks (e.g. angular, backbone, etc.), data visualization (e.g. d3.js), jQuery, bootstrap, general css wizardry, etc.
- Business experience. Setting priorities, managing expectations, gathering customer feedback
- BS/MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- At least 1-4 years of data analytics experience in a distributed computing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Strong program / project management skills
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, and ability to maintain detail-orientation
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal oriented
Interested candidates, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org