We are seeking an experienced software solution architect with 5+ years of experience in High Level Design and implementation experience in an Agile Scrum environment, is passionate about technology products and applies the latest data analytics techniques to build a scalable energy analytics platform. This position will work closely with data science team to help support all facets of the data supply chain involving consumption analytics and mentor several data engineers.
Innowatts is a Houston based energy technology company, focused on building a scalable Energy Analytics, Segmentation and Engagement Platform. Innowatts is enabling utilities to optimize energy cost and empower energy consumers with personalized energy programs and service.
- Data Processing. Deep knowledge around the selection and defining of appropriate data model strategies within traditional SQL as well as NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, Couchbase. Experience in Large Scale, Fault Tolerance Systems with components of scalability, and high data throughput with tools like Kafka, Storm, Flink, and Spark, and NoSQL platforms such as MongoDB
- Data Analysis. Knowledge of core Hadoop/Spark components (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive), and substantial awareness of other components in the Big Data stack
- Data infrastructure/Data warehousing. Experience with PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, Private, Public, hybrid cloud and Subject Matter Expertise in Big Data: Hadoop, Spark, AWS (EMR, Redshift, S3, etc.)
- Server admin. Linux, Apache
- Front end development. Frameworks (e.g. angular, backbone, Ruby on Rails, Docker etc.), data visualization (e.g. d3.js), jQuery, bootstrap, general css wizardry, etc.
- Business experience. Setting priorities, managing expectations, gathering customer feedback
- BS/MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or relevant technical discipline
- At least 5 years of solution design experience in a distributed computing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Strong program / project management skills
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities, and ability to maintain detail-orientation
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and goal oriented
Interested candidates, please email your resume to email@example.com