Innowatts is an Energy technology company based in Houston, TX that is transforming the way energy is bought, sold, managed and consumed. We are a leading provider of AMI-enabled predictive analytics and AI-based solutions for utilities, energy retailers, emerging retailers, and smart energy communities. To date, the Innowatts eUtility™ technology platform has enabled over 21 million energy consumers and their energy providers with access to lower energy costs and a more reliable and personalized energy experience. Innowatts is backed by Shell Ventures, Iberdrola and Energy and Environment Investment (Japan).
About the Team
We are seeking junior level data full-stack developer who thrives in a challenging environment, is passionate about technology products and applies the Software Development Life Cycle to build scalable web-based software as a services platform(s) to join our team! This position will work closely with the rest of the software engineering team to help support all facets of development within implementation and/or production support.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Be a self-starter, motivated by a passion for developing the best possible solutions to problems.
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices
- Work with Architect, Product Owner and Graphics designer to build Rich UI web applications for B2B and B2C users.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Build code using Industry standards and as per the specs and design guidelines
- Follow TDD approach and write automated client and server tests
- Work on building multiple products and/or features at the same time
- Preferable to have a Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 3+ years of professional experience.
- At least one full SDLC software engineering experience on a real-life project
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies without formal training is absolutely critical
- Strong python programmer with object orientated skills. * Hands on experience in interfacing with REST API, database objects, Authentication (OAUTH) and encryption (optional).
- Experience writing APIs in Lambda
- Data manipulation utilizing Python is a big plus, but not required
- Hands on experience in handling various data structure like delimiter, JSON and XML. * Database SQL knowledge would be plus.
- Experience with Object-Oriented concepts, experience with Python required.
- Data sourcing experience from multiple databases.
- Understanding of different databases from SQL to NoSQL
- Strong performance tuning skills for complex queries, procedure and indexing strategies.
- Ability to perform Data analysis
- Good understanding of Git version control
- Basic understanding of AWS or Google Cloud
Benefits and Additional Perks
- Fast paced, collaborative and fun environment
- Work with data and latest technology to transform industry
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- 5 minutes from downtown with easy connectivity to all major freeways and free parking
- Ping Pong table & snacks in the break room
- Team breakfast every Friday