As coronavirus (COVID-19) diagnoses increase around the world, Innowatts is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment to its employees. While our employees are currently working remotely to do our part to flatten the curve, we are focused on ensuring business continuity in service to our clients. We are confident that COVID-19 will not impact our ability to provide services to our clients and continue to operate in a “business as usual” format.
Here is an overview of our business continuity policies and procedures:
- Location: Innowatts operates from three primary locations (Houston, Texas; Gurgaon, India; Cork, Ireland), providing geographic diversity. In addition to having staff located across three continents, all employees have the ability to work remotely.
- Systems: Our products and support systems run in the cloud, with redundancy across geographic zones. Developers and support staff are required to connect with our product development and quality assurance / production environments via Innowatts VPN. Implementation of code changes to our quality assurance and production environments is managed through our continuous integration and continuous delivery process, which prevents direct code changes in these environments. Access to the environments is further controlled via Single Sign On (SSO) with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). All employees have laptops they take home nightly and key support personnel have mobile internet access, in the event of wide scale power outages.
- Suppliers: Innowatts assesses all business-critical suppliers’ business continuity plans. In the case of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are satisfied that all suppliers are in a position to meet their obligations.
- People. Innowatts’ operations center, client success, product development and management team are located across the three geographic regions of operation. This provides 24-hour support to our customers, with fall over redundancy across the locations.
- Impact on Load. As expected, historically, these kinds of events have altered customer consumption patterns. While we are closely monitoring the settlement data, we are also looking at impact on load during comparable events in history to provide some customized insights. Please make sure to check our LinkedIn page, where we are providing regular updates on the impacts.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions. We truly hope you and your families and friends stay safe and well.